Welcome to the new Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet yarning places.
We have developed a number of yarning places (electronic networks) to assist networking among people working to address various aspects of Indigenous health. Their development has been made possible with funding and collaboration from organisations with expertise in these areas.
When you join a yarning place (membership is free) you will have access to:
- The mob members list: this provides members' contact details (permission to display the details is obtained beforehand).
- The message stick: this is an email list which enables a member to reach all members with one email.
- The yarning board: this is an electronic board for discussion and debate about relevant issues.
- The yarn now feature: this is similar to a chat room where two or more members can join in 'live' discussions with one another.
- The events feature: this is where you can access information, or notify others, about upcoming events related to Indigenous health.